Friday, May 1, 2009

What did I get for my 10 year wedding anniversay you ask? A reason to BLOG!!

Yes, 10 years ago today my partner and I stood in a field of cows in front of all our friends and family and said our I Do's.





This morning I asked him what he had gotten me for our anniversary. His reply--a reason to Blog. What an insensitive jerk you might think--Where are my diamonds!! As well did I as my reply was just that. His reply--I would much rather be an insensitive jerk then a irresponsible romantic. Of course to all that know us you probably realize we were laughing hysterically throughout the conversation (we really crack ourselves up sometimes) because when push comes to shove we both acknowledge we are the happiest we have ever been and I don't need diamonds to know that. The adversities that we have faced have only stengthened our love and commitment to each other and our love and commitment to our family--our "team". After all that life has thrown us--the death of my beloved sister, the birth of our kids, umpteen house remodels, job changes, and the end to Kissinger--we truly still enjoy each others company--and that I believe is the key to a successful partnership. It is not the anniversary gifts, how much money we have, who we are hob-knobbing with or how many hits our son gets at the baseball game--it is how we feel deep inside when it is just me and him sitting in silence together. It's how we can still giggle together in bed each night and talk to each other on the phone 5 times a day. We share a life--all of it--as a team--and when the team is getting beat--we all have to step up as a team. So today--we feel like we just won the World Series!! And tonight--we will celebrate like it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment