Thursday, April 30, 2009

Slave to Fashion--My latest adventures at NEIMAN MARCUS LAST CALL

I am a certified
"BARGAIN-AHOLIC"
It is manageable right now but could slip out of hand at any moment. I have been known to buy things in the wrong size because the deal was too good to pass up!!
Take for instance my new acquisition from Neiman Marcus Last Call:




I initially dug the print and the slinky material of this Diane Von Furstenberg dress but once I saw the price the initial "like" turned to "obsession" and I started plotting how I could re-shape my body to fit this off-size deal. The original retail price of this beaut is clearly stated on the tag as $315 but underneath lay the current price--a mere $39.00 ((see below))



But wait--there's more!! What brought me to the store in the first place was their "Blow-Out Anniversary Sale" which meant another 30% off the list price---GASP!! I know, you need to sit down because your jealousy is raging out of control. The final price of $27.30 was mind blowing to say the least. They were almost paying me to take this magnificant dress home. Now I just have to concentrate on loosing the 5 or so pounds that it will take for me to actually wear this dress. I will certainly blog it when it happens!! If it doesn't it will probably end up on ebay with an added profit to pay for the other 2 stunners I bought that day. A very chic Cynthia Steffe cream A-line shift dress (which I have already worn and is at the cleaners) for $40 and a Shoshanna silver lame nighttime cocktail number.



The retail price on this one was listed as $365 but after all of the markdowns were done it went home with me for a mere ---- drumroll please ---- $20.14!!
Even if I never wear this dress I would pay twenty bucks just to look at it in my closet!!
My total for the day $94.65 for 3 exquisite designer dresses.




I have long had a LOVE/HATE relationship with this store
((I will save the hate story for another day))
but on this particular day there was only LOVE in my heart!!
Thanks, Neiman's

No comments:

Post a Comment